“Former prosecutor and zealous trial attorney,” describes Tamika Sykes, Managing Partner of Sykes Law, LLC. Also known as a true “Georgia Peach” because she was born and raised in Atlanta, GA. Attorney Sykes became apart of the mighty “Bulldawg Nation” when she attended the University of Georgia for her undergraduate studies and Law School at the University of Georgia. As a trial attorney, Tamika Sykes conducted over 75 bench and jury trials. She prepared more than 2500 cases for negotiations and trial. During her time as a prosecutor her colleagues fondly referred to her as “The Hammer.”
As a prosecutor, Tamika Sykes worked as an Assistant Solicitor General for Fulton County, the state’s largest populated county. She specialized in handling Family Violence, Child Support, and DUI cases. Attorney Sykes has received training in detecting the impaired driver under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs. She was a speaker for 2009 Prosecuting Drugged Driver Conference. She also successfully completed the specialized course on DUI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing.
She also clerked for the EEOC, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, where she evaluated discrimination claims and had the crucial decision of determining if a claim had merit. There she developed a passion to represent individuals who are illegally discriminated against by their employers.
As a former owner of Sing-A-Song Studios located in Buckhead. Tamika Sykes interacted with artists and executives and learned firsthand the legal issues affecting both sides in the entertainment industry.
Tamika Sykes assisted in editing An Introduction to Law in Georgia. A textbook used statewide to educate young people about Georgia and federal law.
- Admitted to United States Supreme Court
- Admitted to US District Court for Northern District of Georgia
- Admitted to Georgia Supreme Court & Court of Appeals
- The National Advocates: Top 40 under 40
- The National Black Lawyers: Top 40 under 40
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys -Family Law Chair
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers-Leadership Academy
- Labor & Employment Committee of State Bar of GA executive board member
- National Employment Lawyers Association of GA – Member At Large
- Served as organizer and panel moderator for GABWA’s Annual CLE: Succeeding in Family Law Hearings & Jury Trials. (October 23, 2015)
- Served as organizer and panel moderator for 45th Annual Labor & Employment Institute CLE at State Bar of Georgia. (December 4, 2015)
- Served as organizer and panel moderator for Navigating Fulton County Family Law Division. (April 29, 2016)
- Served as organizer for Labor & Employment CLE for State Bar of Georgia Annual Meeting in Jekyll Island (June 09, 2017)
- Served as organizer & moderator for 47th Labor & Employment Law Institute Annual CLE (Dec. 1, 2017)